Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Jack & Back Update

Yes, I'm VERY late in updating everyone on the Jack & Back. I can give all sorts of excuses, but I'll spare you and just try to update you now - 2 months later. Almost everyone I profiled for the Jack & Back was able to complete the ride. We had one unable to complete the ride due to a knee injury. It was a tough decision to make after training for months building up to the ride, but it was definitely the best decision. Bev, blew us all away! I knew she could complete the ride, but wow, she really put a lot into it. She rode her best average ever on day 2 of the ride! I wish I could put into words how exhilarating it is complete such a challenge, something you thought was so daunting in the beginning and then prove to yourself you CAN and DID do it (with flying colors)! You start with a hard 20 mile ride in the beginning, thinking you'll never be able to ride 150 miles, then you reach a point where you wouldn't think of riding anything under 20 miles. I mean, that becomes just warm up ride. You look forward to the days you have time to ride 30 - 40 - 50 miles. You look for days you can leave work a little early and get in a ride. You dread time change in the fall, because of the precious daylight you lose. The weather man becomes your best friend when he/she says it's going to be sunny and 60 degrees! You can now call yourself a true cyclist. No, we're not elite athletes, we're your neighbor, your aunt, your uncle, your mom, your dad, sister, brother, etc, etc.....we're cyclist and we love to ride.

No comments: